Saturday, December 15, 2007

Welcome

Hello, Folks:
Some of you may know me from my other blog, Levellers, which explores the intersection of faith, social justice, and peacemaking from a progressive Christian perspective. I have decided to create this, more thoroughly political blog in order to be more partisan than I want to be on the other forum. Here, I will endorse some candidates and engage more directly in politics. The focus is on progressive politics in Kentucky and then, in concentric circles, the U.S. and the world.

One note: Readers of my other blog will know that I am a convinced pacifist. However, although I will plug nonviolence and nonviolent movements from time-to-time on this blog, it has a broader intention. I am linking up and promoting people and movements here who work broadly for justice and peace--including those who believe military action is sometimes necessary. I do not want the perfect to become the enemy of the good. Coalitions are composed of people who agree broadly--not on all details.

This is just an initial post to get the blog rolling. I will soon be adding features, more links, etc.

Let me finish this introductory post by posting Andrew Horne's announcement of his candidacy for the U.S. Senate. He is taking on the Obstructionist-in-Chief, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). If you live in KY: sign up to help Horne get elected. If you live elsewhere, contribute some $--McConnell has $10 million in his campaign "warchest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new blog.

Michael Westmoreland-White, Ph.D. said...

Thanks, Gaius:
I have now listed both your blogs in the blogroll! Thanks for dropping by. Tell others!